For the TL;DR crowd:
1. @CouncilwomanBRB, who stopped tweeting Feb 8th, admitted to using her election campaign money to repay a personal loan she took out with Chaka Fattah Jr., the son of Congressman Fattah. She originally borrowed the money to stave off a foreclosure of her Wynnefield home stemming from a messy divorce.
2. The City’s Board of Ethics handed down the largest fine ever over it (their report is here).
3. Somehow it was also discovered while the Feds were probing Chaka Fattah Jr.’s affairs which probably led to BRB being forced to disclose her involvement in financial transactions with Fattah Jr., that John McDaniel, a former aide to the councilwoman, had been stealing from the campaign kitty and he was the one who facilitated the accounting treatment of the illegal loan.
4. Feds indict John McDaniel.
5. John McDaniel is now expected to plead guilty according to Victor Fiorillo @ PhillyMag, in exchange for disclosing some juicy information.
You can bet that whoever McDaniel is prepared to point the finger at must be shitting their pants right now.